I learned of this dessert at a restaurant that sells the most delicious gluten-y Chicago style pizza and brews their own refreshingly satisfying gluten-y beer. They surprisingly have a gluten-free version of this dessert. But, alas, I don’t eat sugar or dairy. So… yeah. This one is a little more appealing to me. And delicious! And soft and chewy. I ate this one just after taking this photo. For lunch. So… yeah.
I didn’t mess with this perfect pazooki recipe from Clean Eating With a Dirty Mind.
I did create a Guilt-free Coconut Milk Ice Cream to go on top!
For this recipe I used four 10 ounce porcelain ramekins. I’m sure you could use any sort of mini baking dish. Just be sure to adjust cooking time as needed!
- 2 cups blanched almond flour (sifted!)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I use Lily’s stevia-sweetened dark chocolate chips from Whole Foods)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup raw honey (melted)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl combine the almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients. When fully combined, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until you have a well-combined cookie dough.
- Coat your baking dishes with coconut oil. (I used four 10 ounce ramekins.)
- Scoop the cookie dough into each ramekin and use a spoon to spread it evenly into the dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Immediately top with guilt-free, coconut milk ice cream and serve! (Link in post above.)