So, here’s another Whole30 approved recipe that I’ve been snacking on. Though, snacking isn’t really allowed on Whole30 so don’t tell anyone. I’m eating meals that satiate me enough to get me to the next, so there’re really no need for snacking. Except to indulge in a habit of mindlessly crunching on something. Which is another part of the Whole30 – to break away from our emotional connections to food. Pairing these coconut flakes alongside my meal or using them to top my side of apple and almond butter are totally compliant. It’s not like I eat them by the handful or anything….
Thanks to Kendra from Our Paleo Life for this recipe.
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the coconut and all spices to a ziploc bag. Shake to coat the coconut.
- Add the melted coconut and shake again so that the oil is evenly distributed.
- Spread the coconut flakes evenly onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 3-5 minutes. Watch the flakes carefully to be sure they are toasted but do not burn.
- Remove from the oven and immediately transfer to a plate or the flakes will continue to toast.